As a backend engineer at Tise you will build and expand APIs and services, and work with the rest of the team to develop intelligent content capabilities. In the role, you’ll be making some of the most significant decisions for the company. You’ll get to work with other engineers to build delightful features that span various parts of the service, as well as our business, sales and operations teams to understand and improve user experiences. We’re looking for people with strong background and interest in building successful products or systems; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you pay exquisite attention to detail; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across the product.
- Develop machine learning services to improve user experience.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Work with the other engineers to build new features at scale.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
You'll be fit if you:
- Enjoy and have experience building APIs.
- Think about systems and services and write high quality code. We work mostly in NodeJS, with some Django. However, languages can be learned; we care more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- Hold yourself and others to a high standard when working with production systems.
- Take pride in working on projects to completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
You'd ideally have:
- 5+ years of higher education (or longer periods of work experience).
- 2+ years of work experience developing production level software.
Nice to have:
- Prior experience at an early stage internet / software company.
- Experience with building infrastructure in the cloud (AWS).