Junior Data Analyst- StartupLab
StartupLab is a technology incubator located in Oslo Science Park. We house 82 ambitious tech startups and help connect them with founder-friendly capital, clients, talent and advisors to help accelerate their growth at an early stage. Since we were established in 2012 we have worked with 200 startups and 74% of them are still growing. Our team consists of 11 dedicated people who provide daily entrepreneurial support and orchestrate activities.
StartupLab has been operational for over 5 years and throughout that time we have gathered a lot of exciting data. We now need help improving the quality of this increasing amount of data and how we collect it. For the right person, you will be able to take a part in creating and implementing a data strategy for StartupLab by your own initiative and as a resource for the Data Manager (to be hired).
Today we use amongst other spreadsheets, Hubspot and Kushim to record our data, however our target is to build our own internal database to function as a master for all data collection.
This is a part-time position, 1 day/8 hours per week. As Junior Data Analyst in StartupLab, you will be responsible for collecting and maintaining data such as dealflow and key metrics about the startups in the incubator, on a day-to-day basis. As you will be a point of contact for all the startups and alumni in the incubator, you will be able to build a unique network in the startup ecosystem. Your workspace will be at StartupLab but with the possibility to work from home when required.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Collect and maintain core data for the incubator and over time also our investment fund
- Perform and present analysis as well as help providing the data for others to perform analysis
- Annual SIVA reporting
- Suggest and implement improvements in existing set-up and routines
- Contributing to creating and implementing a data strategy
Who are we looking for:
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a can-do attitude
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Solution oriented and creative
- At the beginning of your BSc in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Experience with Hubspot is a plus but not a prerequisite
- Efficiency in working with spreadsheets
Deadline for applications: 11 August 2017