Are you an exceptionally talented data scientist who wants to take a leading role in transforming the real estate market?
Alva Technologies is an early stage realtech startup with an ambitious vision. We are currently developing products that are aimed at both consumers (B2C) and businesses (B2B) that will make the real estate market more transparent and open for innovation.
We are looking for you who:
- Is an exceptional problem solver and perfectionist
- Doesn’t know the meaning of “enough data”
- Is unable to rest before you have found the perfect structure
- Is curious and inquisitive, always trying to connect the dots
- Loves to learn about new technology, and learn fast
- Is an excellent collaborator and communicator thriving in a multidisciplinary environment
- Has 1-3 years professional experience from a high-performance environment
- Has at least a master’s degree in engineering, statistics, math or similar
You will need to be comfortable with:
- Statistics, mathematics at a MSc + level
- Modeling and simulations
- Project management
- Experience with Spark, Scala (JVM), R, Python/Python Pandas, Natural Language Processing, F#, Azure or Google Cloud/BigQuery or similar is a plus
- Database layout design
- Python (Tornado)
Your responsibilities will among other things be:
- You will own all the data we possess (and it’s a lot)
- You will have to figure out ways to handle an exponentially increasing amount of complex data, both structured and unstructured
- Figuring out clever and innovative ways to acquire more data
- Finding flaws in inconsistencies in our data, and then deploying initiatives to fix it
- Working closely with design, front-end and back-end to make innovative products
We’ll give you the opportunity to:
- Be part of an exciting, fast pace tech startup with funding
- Highly attractive compensation package (including stocks)
- Solve real problems and make an impact
- Work flexibility and autonomy
- Play an important role in creating a company culture
About Alva Technologies:
We are true believers in the lean startup methodology. We never do anything unless it’s based on a hypothesis that we can test. We are working to find solutions to real problems. Our core value is customer orientation and we expect everyone in the company to be in direct contact with our customers.
We are working with, and owned by, some of the most exciting environments in Norway when it comes to innovation and technology. We are in a unique position to make a big impact and have the resources to do so. We take pride in being at the frontier of technology applying new technology in novel ways.
To apply for this position, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will get back to you if we believe you might a good fit.